Lunawa Hospital off Moratuwa
- Mainly set up to treat pharmacologically for withdrawal symptoms
- Heroin addiction is at its highest level in this region
- A few cannabis and alcohol addicts also come for treatment
- The local Magistrate of this area refers many addicts to this clinic
- Some come due to the persuasion by their families
- Many come on their own initiative
- Provides psychological assistance for motivation, social acceptance and financial management
- Educates the carers (Parents, Spouses or Guardians) to deal with and facilitate the addict through difficult periods when intense pain occurs.
- Mainly facilitated by volunteer psychologists / counsellors
- Mr Duminda Wanigasekera of Samutthana facilitates the training of Psychological intervention through Counsellors and Carers and provides supervision for them.
- He also trains SLV’s British Psychological graduates to gain knowledge and insight on treatment for addiction
Categories: Current Projects